Friday, May 04, 2018

Beth Moore: me too!

Beth Moore tries jumping on the "Me Too" train

I'll respond to a few things she said. Her quotes will be italicized by me.

After all, I had no personal aspirations to preach nor was it my aim to teach men. If men showed up in my class, I did not throw them out. I taught. But my unwavering passion was to teach and to serve women.

That is what I have warned people about since 2009. She has in fact been teaching men since her early years at her church.

This is in direct violation of one of the clearest of all prohibitions in the Bible. That Moore, who fancies herself an expert Bible teacher, has never seen this as God has laid out in Scripture proves she's not only inept to teach the Bible (she massacres it, as I and others have noted, contrary to her claims below), she's proven to not be in Christ. She does not hear the Master's voice even when she claims "Lord, Lord, did I do miracles in Your name...."  The fact of the matter is that practice is the direct result of doctrine. 

1Ti 6:3  If anyone advocates a different doctrine, and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, 4  he is conceited and understands nothing; but he has a morbid interest in controversial questions and disputes about words, out of which arise envy, strife, abusive language, evil suspicions, 

Tit 1:1  Paul, a bond-servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the faith of those chosen of God and the knowledge of the truth which is according to godliness

She goes on to say:

As a woman leader in the conservative Evangelical world, I learned early to show constant pronounced deference – not just proper respect which I was glad to show – to male leaders and, when placed in situations to serve alongside them, to do so apologetically. I issued disclaimers ad nauseam. I wore flats instead of heels when I knew I’d be serving alongside a man of shorter stature so I wouldn’t be taller than he. I’ve ridden elevators in hotels packed with fellow leaders who were serving at the same event and not been spoken to and, even more awkwardly, in the same vehicles where I was never acknowledged. I’ve been in team meetings where I was either ignored or made fun of, the latter of which I was expected to understand was all in good fun. I am a laugher. I can take jokes and make jokes. I know good fun when I’m having it and I also know when I’m being dismissed and ridiculed. I was the elephant in the room with a skirt on. I’ve been talked down to by male seminary students and held my tongue when I wanted to say, “Brother, I was getting up before dawn to pray and to pore over the Scriptures when you were still in your pull ups.”

I'm sorry but this is just pure silliness. Claims to heel size so as not to be taller than a man is entirely fleshly and is not something Scripture talks about anywhere. This here is a purely Pharisacial standard she put upon herself as if it's the standard of submission in godliness. It's not at all. The only issue Scripture states about women physically is to not have shaved heads as the feminists of old did, and to dress modestly. So adding to what Scripture states as if it's proof of submission is not of Christ. Moreover, the Lord has always been concerned about the HEART issue. One can have a form of godliness and yet one's heart be that of a feminist rebel. The Pharisees had a look of dignity, yet inwardly they were entirely filthy, unclean, dead men, offensive to the Holy One of Israel. You just can't fool God nor His children.  Matt 5-7 is very clear on this. 

Mat 5:20  "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. 

Mat 5:48  "Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

Mat 6:1  "Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. 

Where was a woman in my generation and denomination to get seminary training to actually teach the Scriptures? I hoped it would be an avenue for me and applied and was accepted to Southwestern Seminary in 1988. After a short time of making the trek across Houston while my kids were in school, of reading the environment and coming to the realization of what my opportunities would and would not be, I took a different route. I turned to doctrine classes and tutors, read stacks of books and did my best to learn how to use commentaries and other Bible research tools. My road was messy but it was the only reasonable avenue open to me. I turned to doctrine classes and tutors, read stacks of books and did my best to learn how to use commentaries and other Bible research tools. My road was messy but it was the only reasonable avenue open to me.

Why was she not being taught sound doctrine, study, and practice of Scripture by her pastor of thirty years? This is a problem in nearly every church today. Evangelicals have bought the Phariseeical mentality that only a select, elite few can really know the Bible by being taught by the elites at seminary (and of course it's always at a price--on multiple levels). Seminary is never required nor even heard of in Scripture for elders. It's the elders who should be teaching their flock to know how to correctly study the Bible as they teach soundly and faithfully from the Scriptures. Moore indicates she was not getting this and made up her way as she went.

Knowing how to study Scripture isn't messy. Why she paints it that way is further proof of her chaos. Studying the Bible isn't an academic exercise. It's a spiritual one that can only be done through the power and enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. To make it sound complicated and needing all these books, commentaries, and tutors shows yet again, the futility of the flesh. The Pharisees sure make everything complicated and multi-layered.


What is relevant to this discussion is that, several years ago when I got publically [sic] maligned for being a false teacher by a segment of hyper-fundamentalists based on snippets taken out of context and tied together, I inquired whether or not they’d researched any of my Bible studies to reach those conclusions over my doctrine, especially the studies in recent years. The answer was no. Why? They refused to study what a woman had taught

Well that's simply a lie. I know because I did my research. For example her message on Hebrews 10:35 "Don't Throw Away Your Confidence" was absolutely atrocious. She took it out of context and then read back into it (eisogesis) what wasn't there: psychology of self esteem. Others have noted her butchering on that particular passage but certainly not the only one.

Again, as I stated up above, her practice proves her true doctrine. Because her practice is not only Scripture-twisting, but rank feminism (besides teaching men on her stage and "Bible" studies, and conferences,  she also has taught in the pulpit at her church as well as Lou Giglio's church), as well as mysticism (visions and dreams--most notoriously her "sabbath play date with Jesus"), but also her fellowship with known false teachers like NAR's Christine Caine, WOF's Joyce Meyer, and NAR's Hillsong. When experiences and relationships trump clear biblical doctrine, it proves the invalidity of that teacher.



This is where I cry foul and not for my own sake

No feminist with an audience to maintain, wants to be left behind and so Moore, trying to hold on to relevancy, hopped onto the "MeToo" bandwagon as she played victim to mean men. Never mind that maybe some of those men saw her feminism a mile away and wanted nothing to do with her. No, in her mind, it was about gender. It was personal. Being "ignored" is now up there with sexual abuse I guess. 

Listen, it's no secret that men have historically been biased against women since the Fall. We see this even among the disciples who didn't believe the women's report of the resurrection of Jesus. We see it today. It's harder still when you combine being a woman with the gift of wisdom and discernment and no seminary degrees behind your name. But this merely causes the biblical woman to pray harder for power to honor Christ in ALL things and trust in HIS vindication of us. Never should it cause a woman to usurp an authority which is not her's. Violating Scripture because of the failure and sin of men is also sin and it dishonors Christ.

Beth Moore is no victim. She's risen to a high, international rank of celebrity that brings in millions of fans and millions of dollars. It's hard to say you aren't accepted by the men when you've got equally infamous celebrity John Piper promoting you.

1Co 14:35  And if they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church. 
1Co 14:36  Was it from you that the word of God first went forth? Or has it come to you only? 
1Co 14:37  If anyone thinks he is a prophet or spiritual, let him recognize that the things which I write to you are the Lord's commandment. 
1Co 14:38  But if anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized. 

2 comments:

laurie said...

Beth Moore is a heretic.

What is God's design for the woman?

Titus 2:3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

That is the layout/blueprint for a Godly woman of Christ. Moore is twisting God's word to justify her sin. Her condemnation will be GREAT

Denise said...

I totally agree Lyn.