Monday, August 10, 2015

Identification

The believer identifies with God's judgment upon the wicked and insolent. He also whole-heartedly loves and seeks to obey God's rules, commandments, precepts, and law. Moreover he identifies with those who obey the Word. 
Today, "Christians" have it the complete opposite: they identify with the wicked--those who disobey the Word, by claiming "love" and "grace" by way of the appeal to "who's perfect?". They excuse such sin or in false humility, they identify with sin too, even parade it around as if they are being humble.This is wholesale rebellion against God. If we are a new creation, a new man in Christ, as Scripture states for true Christians, then our thinking and identity is Christ Jesus the Master and King, His Word, and His people.

Psa 119:53 Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake your law.
Psa 119:21 You rebuke the insolent, accursed ones, who wander from your commandments.
Psa 119:113 Samekh. I hate the double-minded, but I love your law.
Psa 119:115 Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God.
Psa 119:118  You spurn all who go astray from your statutes, for their cunning is in vain. 
Psa 119:119  All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross, therefore I love your testimonies. 
Psa 119:120  My flesh trembles for fear of you, and I am afraid of your judgments. 

Psa 139:19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me!
Psa 139:20 They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain.
Psa 139:21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
Psa 139:22 I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies.

Psa 119:63 I am a companion of all who fear you, of those who keep your precepts.

Psa 26:4 I do not sit with men of falsehood, nor do I consort with hypocrites.
Psa 26:5 I hate the assembly of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked. 
Psa 26:6 I wash my hands in innocence and go around your altar, O LORD,

2Co 5:16 From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer. 
2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Gal 6:14 But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 
Gal 6:15 For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. 
Gal 6:16 And as for all who walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

No comments: