Friday, July 31, 2015

Right Thinking - Psalm 119

Psa 119:53  Hot indignation seizes me because of the wicked, who forsake your law.
Psa 119:54  Your statutes have been my songs in the house of my sojourning.

The heart of this writer is so in tune with God and His living Word, that he loves what God loves and hates what God hates.

Psa 139:18  If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.
Psa 139:19  Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me!
Psa 139:20  They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain.
Psa 139:21  Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
Psa 139:22  I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies.

Jas 1:20  for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Eph 4:26  Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

Righteous anger comes from a heart that is righteous and full of agape love for God and His Word. It is already seeking obedience to it. It is a heart that is fully teachable to the Word and treasures it above all else. It is not an academic pursuit, but a love pursuit. It sees the underlying issues of the wicked which are not social injustices ultimately, but insolence and unbelief to God's laws, rules, commands, statutes, and precepts.  What offends God, offends him. That which the wicked scorn, the very thing the writer values and loves above all else, offends him to the point of HOT indignation.

This is no lukewarm reaction to the wicked's insolence. This is not a "fair and balanced" approach or feeling. This is wholly one-sided, consumption of what is true and against what is false.

No comments: