Sunday, June 22, 2014

Belief Isn't Enough

"It is a great mistake to fancy that to endorse sound doctrine is the same thing as possessing saving faith, for while saving faith accepts the truth of God, it mainly concerns itself with the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ, and its essence lies in reliance upon Jesus himself. I am not saved because I believe the Scriptures, or because I believe the doctrines of grace, but I am saved if I believe Christ; or, in other words, trust in him. Jesus is my creed."
~ Charles H. Spurgeon

 This is exactly how false teachers secretly sneak in among us or rise from within the leadership. They do not start off teaching heresy or else they'd be recognized immediately and be kicked out, unable to do their filthy deeds of darkness. No, they agree with sound doctrine, parrot it, teach it, for a time in order to get a grip inside the door. Then they commence their spiritual jihad.

No comments: