Monday, April 14, 2014

Rick Warren's Luvfest of the Roman Catholic Church

"People will listen to what we say if they like what they see." ~Rick Warren on the Pope. (13 minutes in).

"As our new pope, he was very, very symbolic." ~Rick Warren (13:11)

" I love the headline: "If you love Pope Francis, you'll love Jesus." (13:28) ~Rick Warren

This is John Piper's "theologically sound" "brother in Christ".

~Interview between EWTN (RCC) and Rick Warren, part 2 (this interview occurred this month, a year after the suicide of Matthew Warren).

This is just another example of how Warren knows exactly what names to drop and practices to mention (candle lighting when writing PDL---this is the first I've heard of this) according to his audience. With Piper he told Piper the answers he knew he needed to hear (as I said, back in 2010 when this happened). 
Why doesn't anyone see that Warren is a huckster? 
I'll say this, at least Warren acknowledges that he is "all things to all men" although NOT biblical--NOT in the way Paul meant nor practiced. Warren is every kind of pagan b/c that is who he's reaching. After admitting he's all things to all people (here it's pro-Roman Catholic/Desert mystics), he then talks about being "authenticity". His shining example: Francis of the Vatican. "He is doing everything right". 

This is John Piper's brother in Christ who is theologically sound--and interestingly they BOTH commend the position of the pope as well as the false gospel of Rome.

Here (18:00 time mark) is Warren parading around how much he gives "back" from his salary. This is always, nearly without exception, mentioned in every article written on Warren. Here he's telling everyone about how good he is by how much he "gives back". Remember, 1) we are not Jews and therefore are not called to tithe at all, 2) Jesus said we are not to announce how much we give, but rather do not even let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, and 3) the percentages of what he makes on a 10 year running best seller is going to be MILLIONS of dollars. His pretence of generosity and humility is transparent, even after speaking about "authenticity".

"Every time I give, I break the tie of materialism", says the million dollar pastor of a multi-million dollar church. (18:30)

"The way you get rid of getting is giving," (18:32)

"Every time I give my heart grows bigger and every time I give I become more like Jesus" (18:35)
says the man who pumps out a new book every few years and then goes on speaking engagements, and rolls out new programs, and desperately tries to entice more people into his multi-million dollar "church".

At the time of this interview, he gives 91% of his income back to...not sure what. Wow, God must really be impressed. 

"I've been playing this [tithing] game--or this deal with God--for 38 years." (19:14)

"I'm an avid fan of EWTN" (34:29) He goes on to then say:
"I make no bones about it; I probably watch it more than any other Christian channel....because you have more shows that relate to history ...and and if you don't understand the roots of our faith, that God has been working for 2,000 years regardless of what brand believer you are...God has been working for 2,000 years in His church and if you don't have those roots you're like the cut-flower syndrome or you're a tumble weed. One of my favorite shows...is the Chapel of Divine Mercy. Which I love and if I've had a very stressful day, I have tapped and Kay and I will come home and we'll put it on and both sit back and relax and worship and and in that time of reflection meditation and quietness I find myself renewed and restored. Thank you for keeping and replaying the Chapel of Divine Mercy....thank you Mother Angelica."

No comments: