Friday, December 20, 2013

James Carville Getting More Conservative?

                                        

On the current GOP (Carville): “I think 80 percent of what’s wrong in the country is all contained in the Republican Party. I really do. And I don’t say that because I’m a Democrat.” Still, Carville admits that “I do think that I’ve gotten more conservative in some ways as I’ve gotten older. … I became a little more conservative politically when I realized that once something gets written into law, once it’s in the bloodstream, it’s really hard to undo it. You’ve got to be careful before making big changes.

On the current Democratic Party (Carville): “I do think a valid critique of Democrats or liberals is that we seldom look at the world through the eyes of the dry cleaner or the guy with the lawn-mowing service.”


~ The Carville's and their new book, "Love and War"; Politico



Well that made me chuckle. It took "twenty years" and "three presidents" and one horrific socialized medicine program, but he's getting there. Some dogs can learn new tricks.

No comments: