Monday, November 25, 2013

Who Said Biblical Truth Isn't Practical?

Scripture's wisdom and teaching is quite practical. One way is that it keeps the one who treasures Scripture and seeks after it and binds it to his heart, from committing sexual immorality:

Pro 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, 24 to preserve you from the evil woman, from the smooth tongue of the adulteress. 

Pro 7:1 My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; 2 keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; 3 bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. 4 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister," and call insight your intimate friend, 5 to keep you from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words. 

No comments: