Saturday, September 07, 2013

God As The True Shepherd





Eze 34:1  Then the word of the LORD came to me saying,
Eze 34:2  "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel. Prophesy and say to those shepherds, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Woe, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock? 
Eze 34:3  "You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool, you slaughter the fat sheep without feeding the flock. 
Eze 34:4  "Those who are sickly you have not strengthened, the diseased you have not healed, the broken you have not bound up, the scattered you have not brought back, nor have you sought for the lost; but with force and with severity you have dominated them. 
Eze 34:5  "They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and they became food for every beast of the field and were scattered. 

Eze 34:10  'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will demand My sheep from them and make them cease from feeding sheep. So the shepherds will not feed themselves anymore, but I will deliver My flock from their mouth, so that they will not be food for them."'" 
Eze 34:11  For thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I Myself will search for My sheep and seek them out. 
Eze 34:12  "As a shepherd cares for his herd in the day when he is among his scattered sheep, so I will care for My sheep and will deliver them from all the places to which they were scattered on a cloudy and gloomy day. 

No comments: