Friday, August 23, 2013

Aaahhhh, Fall

                                                        



                             
One of my favorite Yankee Candle scents.

Yes I know its mid-August, but that's when all the Fall stuff comes out in the stores. Actually they start in July, but I fight hard to enjoy the Summer. By August its a losing battle and I give in.

I love Autumn.

For my updated Fall iTunes play list:

The Summer Knows (from "The Summer of '42")
What Are You Doing For the Rest of Your Life (Chris Botti and Sting)
September Song (Ella Fitzgerald)
Autumn Leaves (Paula Cole)
When October Goes (Barry Manilow)
Thanksgiving (George Winston)
Harvest Time (Herbie Hancock)
Thanksgiving (Michael Allen Harris)
Kiss the Rain (Yiruma)
Adagio (Secret Garden)
Autumn (Ryan Stewart)
Eyes of a Child (Ryan Stewart)
Sometimes When it Rains (Secret Garden)
Romance Sur la Seine (Jim Brickman)
Candlelight and Lace (Jim Chappell)
I Know Why (And So Do You) Red Garland
Embraced (Secret Garden)
Song from a Secret Garden (Secret Garden)
Walk With Me (Jo Bongiorno)
I'll Wait for You (101 Strings Orchestra)


Fall also means......college football!

GO BRUINS!


Here is a paleo (or Noahic as I like to call it LOL--there is no such thing as evolution or cavemen) family recipe for Pumpkin cake/bars. Its like having a piece of Autumn in your mouth and its actually beneficial for your health!

I may not get the typical Autumn weather (in S. California we get warm Santa Anna winds and fires), but I can at least get the feel of a true Autumn through my favorite things. Soon it will cool off here in the evenings and then before you know it, it'll be time to start that Christmas shopping!

No comments: