Monday, May 13, 2013

Getting a Right Focus During Trials

When one is overwhelmed by adversaries, trials, or emotions, right thinking is what we are called to do. Here's an excellent example of this:


Psa 143:1  A Psalm of David. Hear my prayer, O LORD, Give ear to my supplications! Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your righteousness!
Psa 143:2  And do not enter into judgment with Your servant, For in Your sight no man living is righteous. 


Psa 143:3  For the enemy has persecuted my soul; He has crushed my life to the ground; He has made me dwell in dark places, like those who have long been dead.
Psa 143:4  Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; My heart is appalled within me.
Psa 143:5  I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your doings; I muse on the work of Your hands.
Psa 143:6  I stretch out my hands to You; My soul longs for You, as a parched land. Selah.
Psa 143:7  Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails; Do not hide Your face from me, Or I will become like those who go down to the pit.
Psa 143:8  Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul. 
Psa 143:9  Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; I take refuge in You. 
Psa 143:10  Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.


Notice that David acknowledges his feelings of distress, but he puts his focus back on God and continues to trust in HIM regardless of how he feels or what his circumstances are.

Php 4:6  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things

No comments: