Monday, January 11, 2010

Out-Blacking the Blacks

Race is now determined by what you do and where you live, and how you behavior, not what nationality or skin color you are. I never thought I'd see the day. And now white people are trying to "out black" black people.

Blagojevich called himself "blacker than Obama" recently:

"In the interview, Blagojevich says: "I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little Laundromat in a black community not far from where he lived. I saw it all growing up."


Toni Morrison called Bill Clinton the first black president:

"Remember the writer Toni Morrison’s remark that one Bill Clinton was America’s “first black president”? In 1998, she eulogised: “Blacker than any actual black person who could ever be elected in our children’s lifetime. After all, Clinton displays almost every trope of blackness: single-parent household, born poor, working-class, saxophone-playing, McDonald’s-and-junk-food-loving boy from Arkansas.”"

Do these people think they are fulfilling Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream, when he said,"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"?

Then again, the Black community often hurls racist remarks toward other Black people who don't fall in line with the mindset of the "leaders", calling them "sell-outs" and "Uncle Toms", etc.

I find this disgraceful and frankly very racist and insulting. What is wrong with people?

No comments: