Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fellowshipping With Opponents of Christ Jesus

The theologically liberals are so predictable, that I called this one in my own car just the other day! (I see what happens in politics parallel what goes on in "Christianity".) My take was and is this: people seem to think that "understanding" your opponent is imparative to discussion. And I don't mean understanding what they said. I mean, getting to know them personally. I saw it with Gates, Obama, and Crowley and I've seen it done with Christian bloggers and those whom they have rightly criticized in the past. Everyone wants to get along and have understanding. To this I said, and will say here,

Why is a personal relationship now the "thing" to do with opposing sides (well, professed opposing sides)?

There is no call in Scripture to become a friend of your enemy (the enemy of Christ Jesus, really), so there can be "mutual understanding and openness of ideas and acceptance". It simply states to separate ourselves from the world AND professing Christians who are immoral, impure, etc. and point out their error and EARNESTLY contend for the Faith.


Jud 1:3 Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for the faith that was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

2Co 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you,

1Co 5:11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one.

What's to understand about a person personally, when their views are publically and repeatedly against Scripture?

All I see is acceptance of the person and therefore, a compromise of the views of the one more "conservative" or "biblical" , and eventually the ceasing of striving for Truth and Against error. Getting in the pigstye will lead to one getting dirty, not the pig getting clean.

I've seen it happen already.

No comments: